In 2018, the Federal Trade Commission reported 1.4 million cases of fraud that resulted in $1.48 billion in losses. They found that identity theft was the most common form of fraud — more than 167,000 people reported that their information was used to open fraudulent credit card accounts. What’s worse, is most occurrences involve children and seniors.
These statistics are scary, but as a First Heritage member, you can rest easy knowing your information is secure. Here are just a few features we offer to give you peace of mind:
- Push Notifications so you always know when your account falls below certain limits that you establish.
- SmsGuardian Alerts that send notifications via text when you use your debit or credit card.
- 24/7 Fraud Monitoring Service; If potential fraud is detected, this service will send you an email, a text, and a voice call.
- Don’t forget to notify us when you travel. Our fraud monitoring service will flag any purchases made outside your normal spending location.
- Smart Chip Technology: Our cards are embedded with the latest chip technology providing extra security, allowing you to make secure and convenient purchases.
- Social Media Notifications regarding current schemes affecting our community.
- Automatic Sign Off so there is no need to sign out of your First Heritage mobile app because it closes automatically when you navigate away or close the app.
If you are concerned that your information has been mis-used, contact us and speak directly with a specialist. You can also report identity theft at https://www.identitytheft.gov/ and obtain a free credit report from https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action.